Education & Training
- PhD, German Linguistics, The University of Texas at Austin, 2011
- MA, Germanic Studies, The University of Texas at Austin, 2004
- MAT, Trinity University, 1999
- BA, International Economics, Trinity University, 1996
- Eidg. Handelsdiplom (MBA equivalent), Handelsschule KV Baselland, Switzerland, 1991
Boas, Hans C., Marc Pierce, Hunter Weilbacher, Karen Roesch, and Guido Halder. The Texas German Dialect Archive: A multimedia resource for research, teaching, and outreach. (Journal of Germanic Linguistics. 22: 277-296. 2010)
His areas of research interests are Syntax, Semantics, Lexical Semantics, Pragmatics, Swiss German, Language Acquisition, Foreign Language Education, Contrastive Linguistics, Dialectology, Second Language Acquisition, Corpus Linguistics, Philosophy of Linguistics, Historical Linguistics, and Sociolinguistics.
Guido is applying frame-semantic and construction grammar insights in his on-going research on support verb constructions in German and English. He also focuses on second language acquisition and foreign language education.